We know a thing or two...
So are you familiar with Farmers Insurance and the commercials with "The Professor?" He shows people around a museum where they showcase actual events and claims that have been filed. People can't believe that they are real claims. Well they are! And then he says his famous line, "We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two." The idea is that you want an insurance company/agent who knows something about insurance and can help you when a need arises. I know this to be true because for three years now, I have been a licensed agent with Farmers. People call in and always ask...are those stories real? The answer...yes!
The concept is the same in the world of Photography! Why hire a professional? Well, simply put...we know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two! Read further to see why hiring a professional will serve you better than asking your friend, relative, or neighbor who happens to have a "good camera" take some pictures of you. This serves well for any portrait session you may be wanting to have...Seniors, Family, Babies, Children...whatever!
5 Reasons why...
- Education - Professional photographers has spent hours and sometimes thousands of dollars on education to learn more and make themselves more knowledgable about their craft. Education for a professional is never-ending. Photographers make this time and money investment into their education to master their craft, studying anything and everything from proper lighting techniques to perfecting their editing to how to run a business and MORE! All to better serve their clients and produce images that worthy of being called a professional!
- Gear - Along with investments of time and money in educating themselves, much of what the session fees go towards is updating, maintaining, and purchasing new state of the art gear! A typical professional camera body and kit can run upwards into the multi-thousands of dollars. And with new gear comes more education, so that they can learn how to properly use the gear! But its not all about the money...They buy the gear, so they can serve better. Higher-end gear does produce higher-end pictures, when used properly.
- Experience - A professional "has done this a time or two!" As a professional, your session is not the first I've done. I am well versed in kids who run or cry through a session. Even a spouse who "isn't into pictures." And the "I don't like having my picture taken" person. I've seen it. I've dealt with it and delivered beautiful galleries EACH AND EVERY time!
- Light and Location - I understand how light and how it interacts with the world and with you. I will meet with you and find a time and location that will meet your wants and desires for your session. Lighting is ideal an hour or two before sunset. We call it "Golden Hour." Typical sessions are scheduled within that time frame, which also changes throughout the year!
- You Deserve It!! - (this is my favorite). As a Senior you spend 18 years working hard and now is the time to celebrate! Your family changes every year, kids grow fast...documenting THIS YEAR is worth the investment. Your baby is only a baby for a short time, booking a session or two to remember each stage is something that will be treasured their whole life. Life is precious and remembering each season in a special way is SO IMPORTANT!
**BONUS TIP: Chat with your photographer or any new photographer to make sure they are able to provide the session and experience you are looking for. Not every photographer is going to fit your desired style or personality. Its ok to make sure they are a good fit for you and you for them!